Privacy Notice - How we use your data
This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by the Office of Jeremy Lefroy, Member of Parliament for Stafford, in relation to casework and policy queries.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is of Jeremy Lefroy, Member of Parliament for Stafford.
What does the Office do?
The office discharges the duties and functions of an elected Member of Parliament. As part of this work, we conduct constituency casework and respond to policy queries, for which we must process personal data of our constituents. We also manage a small email list for the purpose of sending Jeremy’s email newsletter and information about upcoming advice surgeries.
How do we process data?
This office processes constituents’ data for casework and policy query purposes under the lawful basis of public tasks. In instances where this lawful basis is not sufficient and explicit consent is required, a member of the office will get in touch with you to establish your consent. Please note that this office uses data from the open electoral register for referencing and filing purposes.
The Office uses a secure CMS (Content Management System) application, Cross Reference, to help with the management of constituent casework records.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
If you have contacted Jeremy about a personal or policy issue, we may pass your personal data on to a third-party in the course of dealing with you, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts, regulators, and so on. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the basis upon which they were originally intended. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures.
The data for the email newsletter mailing list is stored by MailChimp, who are based in the USA and have certified to the Privacy Shield regime for transfers of data between the EU and United States. We will not share the personal information of those on the Jeremy Lefroy MP email newsletter list.
In any case, we will not use your personal data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
Our office will hold personal data for the length of Jeremy Lefroy’s term as Member of Parliament for the Stafford Constituency, dating back to 6th May 2010. Casework and policy queries are often revisited to provide the best service and representation for constituents, from whom we may continue to receive correspondence. Therefore, we feel it is reasonable for Jeremy to hold personal data for the duration of his tenure in Parliament.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You can get in touch with our office by letter, email or telephone using the details below.
Please note that we will ask for identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold.
Address: Jeremy Lefroy MP, Unit 15 Pearl House, Anson Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Beaconside, Stafford, ST18 0GB
Phone: 01785 252 477